Are you ready to embark on a journey into the future of artificial intelligence and its transformative impact on a variety of industries? Look no further than AI Horizons PART 2, the upcoming event that promises to be a thrilling look into the world of AI. Featuring Microsoft, NVIDIA, AI-R, Amazon, and more! Our last event SOLD OUT quick, so make sure to grab your tickets early!
Before we dive deep into the world of AI, we’ll kick off the evening with an hour of excitement and connection! Enjoy delicious food and beverages while networking with like-minded individuals who share your passion for AI. Groove to live music that sets the tone for a fantastic evening, and don’t forget to explore our demo tables showcasing some of the coolest AI-driven innovations. Parking, appetizers, and live music are included in the ticket fee. Bring your parking ticket to Registration for validation.
At 7pm, we will welcome you with:
- Doug Erickson / LeBaron Meyers – will use ChatGPT to predict the future for Joby, Paystand, CruzFoam, and other local companies as we accelerate into 2024.
- David Dennis / Microsoft – a demo of how to use Microsoft’s AI products to launch the perfect marketing campaign.
- Leilani Gilpin – this demo will include some groundbreaking AI projects from UCSC.
- Rich Taylor / Seek AI – a demo of how AI can help anyone talk to data.
- Craig Gieringer / Massed Compute – this demo highlights Massed Compute‘s role, as an Nvidia Cloud Service Provider partner, to empower founders, innovators, AI/ML engineers, students and academics to develop AI offers and solutions.
At 7:30pm, we will kick off a Fireside Chat:
- Drew Meyer – moderator; this Santa Cruz Works board member will moderate a discussion with academic, venture capital, and private sector AI leaders. When he’s not facilitating expert conversations, Drew leads Developer Marketing at Amazon Alexa.
- Craig Vachon – CEO of AI Redefined and author of “The Knucklehead of Silicon Valley,” is a seasoned entrepreneur, investor, and advisor. He has raised over $1.6 billion in investments across seven countries and founded the Chowdahead Growth Fund. His leadership at AI Redefined marks a key phase in the company’s development in human-AI collaboration technology.
- Sasha Ostojic – a Venture Partner at Playground Global, specializes in AI, computing, automation, and robotics. He brings extensive experience in scaling companies and engineering teams. His career includes pioneering work at GE and IBM, founding and leading Ultimate Technology, Inc, and contributing significantly to Nvidia’s success in gaming, AI, and data center technologies. Ostojic also holds several key roles, including independent director at Allison Transmission Holdings, and board member at Anari Ai and D-Matrix Corp.
- Leilani Gilpin – Leilani H. Gilpin is an Assistant Professor in the Department ofComputer Science and Engineering at UC Santa Cruz. Her research focuses on the design and analysis of methods for autonomous systems to explain themselves. Her work has applications to robust decision-making, system debugging, and accountability. Her current work examines how generative models can be used in iterative XAI stress testing.
Follow the Latest Updates at Santa Cruz Works News
Interested in tabling?
Sign up here if you are not a SCW partner. Existing sponsors, please email Malina malina santacruzworks.org to let her know you would like to table.
AI Horizons Part 1
View the recording of Guy Kawasaki hosting a Fireside Chat with UCSC Chancellor Cindy Larive and Boaz Ashkenazy of Shift AI & Simply Augmented. RECORDING
THANK YOU SPONSORS